2018.2.26 notes from DAWN Governors meeting

2018.2.26 notes from DAWN Governors meeting

DAWN Governors

DATE & time: Monday, Feb 26, 2018 – 4:30-6:30 pm Eastern

 

USFWC Zoom http://zoom.us/j/8409447231

dial: 669 900 6833  or 646 558 8656

conference ID: 840 944 7231

 

Present: Dana, Jim, Daniel, Calah, Jessie

Absent: Damon

Connection issues while traveling: Annie?

 

Facilitator: Jessie

Notes: Jim

Timekeeper: Calah

Convener:  Dana  

 

AGENDA

 

  1. Welcome & Housekeeping
  2. Attendance & meeting roles
  3. Check-ins
  4. Agenda review
  5. Review Tasks from last meeting
    1. Need clarity on status of Spring meeting feedback from others
    2. Brief report on client seeking TA training
  6. Standing Reports  [Committees, W2O, Coordinator, USFWC]
    1. S&E
    2. M&O report: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AdWmTROEsp5qKspWffoqdU1BWicbqkndzPdv5tbrJsc/edit
    3. No T&C present
  7. Spring Meeting planning
  8. New Business
    1. Jessie’s leave request
  9. Wrap-up  [review tasks, tabled topics; schedule next mtg; confirm roles]

 

Tasks from Jan 29 meeting:

o  Jim & Jessie to revise the Spring Meeting planning doc.

  • Need clarity on status of Spring meeting feedback from others

o  ALL:  comment on the revised Spring Meeting planning doc.

o  Jim will dialogue with DAWN members about conversion experience in general, including to rep DAWN at W2O.

  • Nothing meaningful to report, please postpone

o  Jim figure out next steps on PPL. Dana will be Jim’s backup and explore lawyer options.

  • TASK: Dana will run PPL language by an attorney she’s working with on other stuff

o  Jim to follow up with prospective client on training in TA.

  • Brief report

 

NOTES:

 

    1. Welcome & Housekeeping
    2. Attendance & meeting roles
    3. Check-ins
    4. Agenda review
    5. New Business
      1. Jessie’s leave request
        1. May 1 through Oct 1st
        2. Friendly amendment from Dana: Jessie will try to recruit someone to stand in for her on the Govs

 

  • Consensus
  • TASK: Jessie will try to recruit someone to stand in for her on the Govs during her leave

 

      1. Discussion about Calah’s status as Governor re her maternity leave and timing of Alison’s return
        1. Alison back April 1
        2. Calah out from March 1st thru August 31st
    1. Review Tasks from last meeting
      1. Need clarity on status of Spring meeting feedback from others
      2. Brief report on client seeking TA training
      3. PPL:
        1. TASK: Dana will run PPL language by an attorney she’s working with on other stuff
    2. Standing Reports  [Committees, W2O, Coordinator, USFWC]
      1. M&O report: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AdWmTROEsp5qKspWffoqdU1BWicbqkndzPdv5tbrJsc/edit
        1. Daniel: No more info about NWCC yet
      2. S&E report:
        1. focus on client eval forms
          1. want to switch when project evals happen, do right after project completion
        2. Eval form already on dawn.coop
        3. Daniel can make sure project evals happen when project ends – has already been doing intake evals on end of rotation
        4. on Box Dog Bikes

 

  • TASK: Dana will draft proposed policy change for S&E and send out – will include annuals  

 

        1. For reference: Four DAWN evals: Intake (at rotation close), project peer (at project close), self and committee (annual)  
    1. Spring Meeting planning
      1. Who should we recruit to discuss projects?
        1. DONE:
          1. Jim/Devra: Box Dog Bikes
          2. Annie: Patty Pan
        2. IN PROGRESS:
          1. Stephen/Matt: New Digital
          2. Stephen: Parkways – with NYC NOWC
          3. Jim/Matt: Tight Shift
          4. The Local: Bethany/Jim – new action?
          5. Pecan Milk: – RCDG
          6. LGBT/Person of Color food co-op
          7. Collective Ave Coffee
        3. Per DAWN Intake pipeline

 

  • DAWN organization/committee re-envisioning:

 

      1. How to bring others into the conversation and get them to make proposals?
      2. Remind them of (what the Govs consider to be) the “essential” functions of DAWN
      3. Offer example(s) and ask for proposals
        1. One example: craft a couple of semi-proposals from some of the ideas we threw around at one of our Jan meetings – project-centric as opposed to committee-centric, two co-conveners for each DAWN functional area that recruit people for projects – and maybe survey folks on how they like those ideas, in advance?
      4. Ask for proposals and include questions that proposal would have to address
        1. What are the decision-making bodies in your proposed structure?
        2. How does the structure address current challenges?
        3. How would the essential functions of DAWN be supported in your proposal
        4. What questions would you want to ask of the members in the Spring meeting?
      5. Consider one-on-one emails to each member
      6. First/Pre-proposal? Invite and make space for a less-structured discussion with more chances for people to share their own visions / dreams/ frustrations
      7. “Continuing resolution”: to keep current personal / structure during discussion of transition? Per “Call #2” in draft meeting proposal
      8. Numerous modifications and fleshings-out of proposals
      9. TASK: Jim: get a grip on who is up for recertification
  1. Wrap-up  [review tasks, tabled topics; schedule next mtg; confirm roles]

 

Tasks from this meeting:

  • TASK: Dana will run PPL language by an attorney she’s working with on other stuff
  • TASK: Dana will confirm or adjust on March 26th Govs meeting
  • TASK: Dana will draft proposed policy change for S&E and send out – will include annuals  
  • TASK: Jessie will try to recruit someone to stand in for her on the Govs during her leave
  • TASK: Daniel will confirm client eval and peer evals for Box Dog Bikes & any other projects completed since he began
  • TASK: Jim: get a grip on who is up for recertification
  • TASK: Jessie will send the revised Spring all-member meeting to the remaining Govs
  • NEXT AGENDA: is Alison up for resuming her Gov role for April meeting?

 

Tasks from Jan 29 (previous) meeting:

o  Jim & Jessie to revise the Spring Meeting planning doc.

o  ALL:  comment on the revised Spring Meeting planning doc.

o  Jim will dialogue with DAWN members about conversion experience in general, including to rep DAWN at W2O.

  • Nothing meaningful to report, please postpone

o  Jim figure out next steps on PPL. Dana will be Jim’s backup and explore lawyer options.

  • Nothing meaningful to report, please postpone

o  Jim to follow up with prospective client on training in TA.

  • Brief report

 

Discussion (0)

There are no comments for this doc yet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top