Marketing & Outreach – March 16, 2018 – Post-meeting task summary, agenda, and notes

Marketing & Outreach’s Docs Meeting Agenda and Minutes Marketing & Outreach – March 16, 2018 – Post-meeting task summary, agenda, and notes

DAWN M&O Agenda and Minutes 2017 and  2018

This document can be found at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JmH0cuY75B0Q5uK_ct0T3b73LEMzdlVn9XWYzBRIzZY/edit

Current members: Annie Sullivan-Chin, Calah Lopez, Jim Johnson, Jessie Myszka, Rick Scrivner

 

USFWC Zoom for DAWN meetings – must reserve thru Govs/USFWC calendar:

https://zoom.us/j/8409447231

+1 669 900 6833

+1 646 558 8656

Conference ID: 840-944-7231;   

 

March 16, 2018 – Post-meeting task summary:

 

Tasks:

  • Daniel to look into funding sources for website work
  • Jessie will add Daniel as admin on Facebook
  • Rick & Daniel do Coffee and Rick debriefs on draft outline of the DAWN Outreach Kit
  • Jessie: feedback on draft outline of the DAWN Outreach Kit
  • Jim – nudge all for another revision of draft outline of the DAWN Outreach before next meeting??
  • Annie is on track for going: Coop Econ – another DAWN person to send? USFWC working on the financials – Send someone else too?
  • Annie/Jim: ask Govs about budget for sending Rick at least, to -CommonBound, June 22-24, 2018, St. Louis, MO: if money is available – needing travel and registration only!
  • governor’s report – TASK: Rick is on it

 

Next agenda:

  • Jessie’s report on DAWN’s digital presence  – Ash & Deborah volunteered, but they have not yet responded to my request to schedule a discussion. My topics for them are:
  • Outreach coordination & Social media:  Keeping tabs on TA projects and asking for content. Cross-posting worker co-op content. “What have you done? What is coming up?
  • Daniel: Ops manual update

 

March 16, 2018

 

Meeting Roles

  • Convenor – Rick
  • Facilitator – Annie
  • Notekeeper – Jim
  • Timekeeper – Jessie

 

Present:  

Excused: Calah (on leave), Jessie

 

Check-ins:

 

Task review (5min):

 

Agenda:

 

  • check ins
  • task review
    • TASK: Daniel to look into funding sources for website work
    • TASK: Jessie will add Daniel as admin on Facebook
    • TASK: Jim & Daniel meet to put together a DAWN outreach kit, including tabling materials and elevator speeches
  • previously tabled items
    • Jessie’s report on DAWN’s digital presence  – Ash & Deborah volunteered, but they have not yet responded to my request to schedule a discussion. My topics for them are:
    • Outreach coordination & Social media:  Keeping tabs on TA projects and asking for content. Cross-posting worker co-op content. “What have you done? What is coming up?
  • Ops manual update
  • Review and feedback on the draft outline of the DAWN Outreach Kit (Jim & Daniel – 15? min)
  • upcoming conferences
    • Conferences (From Feb meeting)
    • -Coop Econ – another DAWN person to send? USFWC working on the financials
    • -CommonBound, June 22-24, 2018, St. Louis, MO:
    • -National Conference
  • workers to owners
  • governor’s report

 

Notes:

 

Check-ins: done!

 

Task review (5min):

 

  • NOT HERE, PUSHED: TASK: Daniel to look into funding sources for website work
  • NOT HERE, PUSHED: TASK: Jessie will add Daniel as admin on Facebook
  • DONE TASK: Jim & Daniel meet to put together a DAWN outreach kit, including tabling materials and elevator speeches
  • previously tabled items
    • NOT HERE, PUSHED: Jessie’s report on DAWN’s digital presence  – Ash & Deborah volunteered, but they have not yet responded to my request to schedule a discussion. My topics for them are:
    • NOT HERE, PUSHED: Outreach coordination & Social media:  Keeping tabs on TA projects and asking for content. Cross-posting worker co-op content. “What have you done? What is coming up?
  • update: Jessie: Via email:
    • One small update is that I did add Daniel as an admin on DAWN’s Facebook account. Even if there’s no event to post a pic about, we would like to get some photos of DAWN members at their own workplaces. So if you have one that’s not ancient, please send it to him!
    • Also, despite our lack of frequent posts, we now have 800 likes!
  • NOT HERE, PUSHED: Daniel: Ops manual update
  • Review and feedback on the draft outline of the DAWN Outreach Kit (Jim & Daniel – 15? min)
    • Jim: target audience is local DAWN folks doing M&O to local/region
    • Rick:
      • Use checklist for what to do approach?
      • Conversions – more flesh-out – long-term outreach to retiring business owners
      • Regional mapping – links to resources and local peer networks and interested people
    • Annie:
      • How tie into W2O – DAWI – collaborative
      • More of a kit than a document – outline is a table of contents – links to folders/ resources/ documents and collections of resources that evolve in an ongoing way
      • Keep looping back to DAWN, how we practice what we’re doing
      • → integrate CoP/evaluations and feedback into process
      • Likes scope of 4-8 lines per items
      • One-pagers for each item, accompanied by resources
      • → make it a resource on our website – coordinate a wider net of feedback from DAWN et al
        • Get feedback from Daniel – has design and website development experience
      • TASK: Rick & Daniel do Coffee and Rick debriefs
      • TASK: Jessie: feedback
      • TASK: Jim – nudge all for another revision before next meeting??
  • upcoming conferences
    • Conferences (From Feb meeting)
      • -Coop Econ – another DAWN person to send? USFWC working on the financials – TASK: Annie is on track for going
      • -CommonBound, June 22-24, 2018, St. Louis, MO:
        • TASK: Annie/Jim: if money is available, ask Govs about budget for sending Rick at least – needing travel and registration only! Someone to Coop Econ
      • -National Conference, Sept 14-16, 2018 Los Angeles, CA
      • -NASCO Institute – November – possible custom half/full day session
  • workers to owners – PUSHED, nothing urgent – does this actually belong on the M&O agenda?
  • governor’s report – TASK: Rick is on it

 

Scroll to top